Italian Orzo Soup. This Italian Orzo Spinach Soup is simple to make, full of classic Italian flavors, and oh-so-comforting. Our Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is made with fresh healthy ingredients. You can easily substitute whole grain or even gluten free pasta to suit your diet.
I like to consider this a sexier version of that famous soup; throwing out the cabbage and swapping in tiny orzo noodles and chunks. So to celebrate, I have a delicious Italian Spinach and Orzo soup for you. Delicious Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo is our new favorite. You can have Italian Orzo Soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Orzo Soup
- It’s 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 lb. of Italian sausage.
- It’s 2 of carrots, peeled and sliced into coins and quartered.
- Prepare 1 of large zucchini, sliced into coins and quartered.
- Prepare 4 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 1 can (16 oz.) of cannelini beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of orzo pasta, uncooked.
- You need 2 cups of spinach, roughly chopped.
- You need of Suggested Toppings :.
- You need of ·parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of ·red pepper flakes.
It has so much flavour and texture in every spoonful of it. A loaf of crusty bread and a big bowl of this soup is going to be a winter comfort. Be the first to review this recipe. I made up this soup to use up my Italian sausage.
Italian Orzo Soup instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for a minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Add the sausage to the pot and cook until completely browned, breaking it up as you go. Drain any excess grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the carrots to the pot, then stir in the broth, water, diced tomatoes, beans and seasonings..
- Once it all comes to a boil, stir in the orzo and zuchinni, then lower the heat back down and let simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the veggies have softened and the orzo is close to al dente. Make sure to stir often during this time, so the orzo won't stick to the pot..
- Stir in the spinach and simmer just 2-3 minutes more, until it's wilted..
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired. Sprinkle red pepper flakes over individual portions for a bit of extra heat..
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a large Tupperware container. To reheat, place the amount you want warmed in a small pot (add a splash of broth if needed, the orzo will absorb a lot of the liquid during frigeration) and bring to a simmer for 5 or so minutes, until heated through..
Basically very easy and family had me make it again. Mini meatballs mingle among orzo, parsnips, spinach, and more veggies in this Italian wedding soup that'll turn any dinner into an occasion. Orzo Tomato Spinach Soup is loaded with roasted garlic, onions, and Italian seasoning. Orzo—the little rice-shaped pasta—is practically made for soup. It cooks much faster than rice and is just as satisfying.