Seviyan (sweet vermicelli). Indian Dessert recipe – Learn how to make Indian sweet (Indian dessert) using vermicelli. Their are variety of vermicelli available in the market and I am. Seviyan in English known as Vermicelli they are like thin spaghetti and used many different ways, making sweet and savory dishes.
It is a lighter version of the seviyan kheer and I usually make this sweet vermicelli to go as a after meal dessert since it is light. Seviyan Kheer (aka Vermicelli Kheer) is a sweet milky pudding made with vermicelli, milk and butter (or ghee). It's an easy popular dessert across India and Pakistan. You can have Seviyan (sweet vermicelli) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seviyan (sweet vermicelli)
- Prepare 1 packet of vermicelli (150 grm).
- Prepare 100 of grm powder sugur or to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of green cardamom powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of almond.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cups water.
- Prepare of few drops of rose water.
Mithi seviyan or Sweet vermicelli is a perfect recipe made for people with sweet tooth. The delicious vermicelli is cooked into a kid friendly dessert which is popular household dessert in India. Desserts made with seviyan — toasted vermicelli noodles — are popular all over South Asia Sumayya Usmani, who writes the food blog My Tamarind Kitchen, remembers eating this particular dish. Meethi Seviyan/ Sweet Vermicelli is a delicious Indian dessert made with seviyan (whole wheat vermicelli), ghee, milk, dry fruits and sugar.
Seviyan (sweet vermicelli) step by step
- Heat the butter in a pan, add vermicelli, cook them till the colour turns into golden brown..
- Add water into seviyan, cover and simmer them for about15 minutes..
- Now add sugur and cardamom powder,mix well and simmer for another 3 to 5 mintues..
- At the end add rose water and mix well..
- Dish out and decorate them with almond. Let enjoy to have sweeeet vermicelli✌❤.
In this recipe i have replaced refined sugar with jaggery. Check out the tastiest Seviyan Sweet (Vermicelli Noodles) recipe only at kfoods. Find Eid Recipes & all the recipes of all the chefs. They need not be uniform, but longer pcs make stirring difficult. Seviyan (Sweet Vermicelli) Recipe. by Global Cookbook.