Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries. While this toasted coconut cake recipe is perfect for the holidays, thanks to the addition of cranberries, there's really no wrong time to bake and serve This cake is my very favorite cake, so, I treat myself to it at Christmas time! Thank you so much for sharing all the deliciousness this cake brings to the table. A toasted walnut cake filling turns any layer cake into something truly special, and toasting the walnuts for a Kentucky Derby chocolate walnut pie makes a decadent dessert even more irresistible.
Cinnamon, shredded carrots, sugar… you get the drift. Typically, nuts (walnuts) are added to the cake batter and then used to decorate the as well. How To Make Awesome Toasted Walnuts! You can have Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries
- You need of Cake.
- It’s 2 cup of Cranberry juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Dried cranberries.
- It’s 2 2/3 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 2 1/4 of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 6 of Egg whites.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Coconut extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Buttermilk.
- You need of Frosting.
- It’s 1 tsp of Coconut extract.
- You need 3/4 cup of Unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 2 lb of Powered sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of Unsweetened coconut milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Flaked coconut, toasted.
- You need 1 cup of Walnuts, chopped & toasted.
Whisk together the milk, egg whites, vanilla bean seeds and vanilla. Heading to the Improv was hungrey so I hit my ninja Ron up who lives here up. And he said say no more dude I got you. This Coconut Cake is one of the best cakes you'll ever make!
Toasted coconut cake w/ walnuts & cranberries instructions
- preheat oven to 350 fahrenheit. grease and flour 3 9-inch round cake pans..
- In medium saucepan bring cranberry juice to boil. Add dried cranberries and return to boiling. reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute remove from heat. let stand while preparing cake then drain..
- in medium bowl combine flour ,baking powder ,baking soda and salt. in large bowl combine 3/4 cup butter and granulated sugar. beat with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. With mixer on low, beat in egg whites, vanilla, 1/2 tsp coconut extract. Beat in flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with buttermilk until combined. Divide evenly among cake pans..
- bake cake layers on 2 racks in center of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of each layer comes out clean. Cool completely..
- for frosting in a large bowl beat 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium until smooth. Gradually add 2 cups of the powered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in coconut milk, and extract, add remaining powder sugar until fluffy..
- Place layer on cake plate. Spread frosting. Sprinkle with cranberries. Place second layer on top of filling, spread more frosting, top with walnuts, and coconut. Top with last cake layer, spread remaining frosting. Top with remaining coconut and walnuts..
It's light and fluffy, it's brimming with sweet coconut flavor and it's finished with a rich and creamy cream cheese frosting. This has been a reader favorite recipe for years and it's one of my my families favorites! From impressive coconut layer cakes to easy coconut sheet cakes and cupcakes, we've got the perfect coconut cake recipe for you. Toasted Coconut Refrigerated Cake Recipe Make a super-easy coconut cake using packaged pound cake, vanilla pudding, whipping cream and flaked coconut. A recipe for coconut cupcakes, topped with a coconut buttercream frosting and rolled in toasted coconut.