Caprese Orzo Salad.
You can have Caprese Orzo Salad using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caprese Orzo Salad
- You need 1 cup of dry orzo pasta.
- You need 1 pint of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 1 (8 oz) of container of mozzarella pearls.
- It’s handful of chopped fresh basil.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of honey.
Caprese Orzo Salad instructions
- Cook the orzo in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool, tossing occasionally so that the orzo doesn't clump together..
- While the orzo is cooking and cooling, prepare the dressing by combining the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, honey, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. You may whisk it vigorously in a bowl, shake it in a tightly-sealed jar, or pulse it in a mini food processor..
- Once the orzo is cool, transfer to a large bowl. Carefully mix in fresh mozzarella, tomato halves, basil chiffonade, and about 2/3 of the prepared vinaigrette, or as much as you prefer. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve chilled, stirring in additional dressing just before serving (since the dressing will soak into the pasta while in the fridge)..