Coconut Milk Chicken Pie.
You can have Coconut Milk Chicken Pie using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Milk Chicken Pie
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 cup of potatoes, cut into cubes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrots, cut into cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of mushroom, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peas ( in can).
- You need 2 clove of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of paprika (optional).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cubes (optional).
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of puff pastry ( i used the low fat but you can also use the normal one if you want to).
Coconut Milk Chicken Pie step by step
- Mix the chicken and turmeric power well and sprinkle a little paprika. (set aside).
- Heat the butter in the saucepan over medium high heat. Saute the garlic and onion..
- Add the chicken. Stirring often until the chicken loses its raw look..
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Stirring constantly for 1 minute. Then add the mushroom, continue stirring for about 30 seconds..
- Stir in the coconut milk, add the chicken bouillon and bring to boil. Turn down to a simmer, cover. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked..
- Add the peas, stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.Then add the flour, dissolved in 1/2 cup water. Cook until the sauce has thicken. Turn off the heat..
- Place the puff pastry in the pan. Put the chicken filling. Cover with puff pastry, then seal the edges..
- Brush the top with beaten egg..
- Preheat the oven 180°F celsius. Then bake for 45 minutes or until the top becomes brown..