Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey.
You can create Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey by using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is what you need to do to achieve it:
Ingredients of Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey
- It’s 6 of medium bell peppers (any color).
- Prepare 2 cups of finely chopped onion (divided).
- It’s 5 of medium finely chopped garlic (divided).
- You need 1/3 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbs of chopped dill (I use dried).
- You need 28 oz of canned crushed tomatoes (divided).
- You need 3/4 cup of uncooked brown rice (minute rice).
- It’s 1.2 lbs of ground turkey (Aldi).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey instructions
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Coat 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray..
- Filling in a large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of onion, 2 cloves garlic, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/2 cup tomato, 1/3 cup parsley, 1 1/2 tsp dill, rice, and turkey..
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in remaining onion and cook for 3 minutes or until translucent. Add remaining garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in remaining ingredients, tomatoes, salt, pepper. Bring to boil. reduce heat low for 5 minutes at medium-low..
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked tomato sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Loosely stuff peppers. Add tops back on top of the peppers, Add remaining tomato sauce over peppers in baking dish..
- Cover dish tightly with foil, bake until peppers are tender and rice is fully cooked. This should take about 90 minutes..
- Add parmesan cheese and or hot pepper flakes for more flavor..