Oven Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Cumin. This simple recipe for roasted butternut squash is just the beginning of your squash obsession. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or spray the baking sheet Combine the olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a medium-size mixing bowl. Butternut squash roasted with fresh rosemary and garlic makes a satisfying side dish, especially during the Butternut squash is a staple in my house during the fall months.
Drizzle the oil over the vegetables Distribute the vegetables evenly on the baking sheet. Stir, then continue roasting until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned. So simple yet so elegant, Oven Roasted Butternut Squash is a tasty and versatile side dish that goes good with just about anything, any time of day! You can have Oven Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Cumin using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Cumin
- You need 1/2 of butternut squash.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 to 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 or 2 tsp of rosemary, fresh or dry.
- Prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
For me, butternut squash that gets slowly roasted in a hot oven until it caramelizes would be one of those things. Caramelization really is the key with this. Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash and other interesting reads from The Healthy Maven. In a large bowl combine butternut squash and onions.
Oven Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary and Cumin instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C..
- Cut butternut squash into 4-5 cm chunks (1.5-2 inch). Cut carrot if using into 1 cm round slices (1/2 in)..
- Cut potatoes into bite sized chunks. I like to boil them for about 6 or 7 minutes to help make them crispier after baking but it's not necessary..
- Put vegetables in a large bowl and toss with 2 Tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp whole cumin and 1-2 tsp dried or fresh rosemary..
- Transfer to an oven safe tray or dish and spread out evenly..
- Bake for 40 minutes at 400F/200C. After 20 minutes, turn and mix the vegetables to help bake evenly..
- Serve and enjoy! Sprinkle with more salt & pepper if necessary..
Sprinkle with rosemary and give one more toss. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a. In a large bowl, toss together the butternut squash, beets, onion, garlic, rosemary, and melted butter. This simple oven-roasted butternut squash is a simple, savory side dish with fresh herbs and garlic. Crispy outside, soft and creamy inside.