Orzo With Lemon, Basil & Garlic. While orzo cooks, heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. This One Pot Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken is full of goodness! Quick weeknight dinner, yet tasty enough for guests.
Pour half of mixture over drained pasta in bowl and toss. Add watermelon, feta and basil to orzo, add remaining lemon juice mixture and toss to evenly coat. While its cooking, blend the lemon basil dressing together in a food processor. You can have Orzo With Lemon, Basil & Garlic using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orzo With Lemon, Basil & Garlic
- It’s 1/2 lb of Orzo pasta.
- You need 1 tbsp of EVOO (extra virgin olive oil).
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- You need 10 of Fresh basil leaves, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
What gives the dressing the extra lemony kick is lemon zest form one whole lemon. Toss the cooked orzo together with the dressing and add cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Meanwhile, combine flour, salt, pepper and basil in a plastic bag. Add chicken pieces (in batches) and shake to coat.
Orzo With Lemon, Basil & Garlic step by step
- Cook Orzo pasta according to package directions..
- Grate the lemon rind, mince the garlic, chop basil and grate the cheese..
- While Orzo is cooking, heat olive oil in a frying pan on med-high heat. Add lemon zest and minced garlic and sauté for about a minute. Remove from heat..
- When Orzo is done cooking, drain and add to pan with oil/lemon/garlic. Stir in the grated cheese and basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well..
- Serve immediately and enjoy!.
Stir in lemon juice and mustard. When pasta is done, drain well. Return to pasta to its pot. Stir in peas, Parmesan, fresh basil, lemon zest, heavy cream, and lemon juice. Season the orzo with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.