Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers.
You can have Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Orzo pasta.
- You need 2 cup of Water or your preference of broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of Dressing.
- You need 1/4 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half.
- You need 1 tbsp of Capers, in salt preferably.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Green onion (chopped, just the green).
- You need 2 tbsp of Parsley, flat leaf chopped.
- You need 1 of Lemon zest from one lemon.
- You need 1/2 of Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and peeper.
Toasted Orzo Salad With Black Olives And Capers step by step
- Toast the orzo with just enough olive oil to lightly coat. Stir until color becomes golden..
- Add the 2 cups water or broth..
- Simmer, uncovered stirring occasionally until the liquid is absorbed..
- Transfer to stirring bowl..
- Add olives, capers, green onions, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to combine..
- Note: Why capers in salt? Personal preference. I don't care for the brine taste in most preserved capers in brine..
- Note: How do I use capers in salt? Pour capers into a glass with water. The salt will sink to the bottom of the glass and with a spoon, you can remove the capers..