Pan Seared Turbot with Summer Squash and Orzo.
You can cook Pan Seared Turbot with Summer Squash and Orzo using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pan Seared Turbot with Summer Squash and Orzo
- It’s 1/2 cup of orzo.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 2 of 6-ounce skin off turbot filets.
- It’s 1 of Freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 oz of summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- You need 2 small of shallots, sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon zest.
- You need 1 of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need 8 of leaves fresh basil leaves, torn.
Pan Seared Turbot with Summer Squash and Orzo step by step
- In a large saucepan set over high heat, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Add the orzo pasta and a generous pinch of salt and cook until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and transfer to a medium bowl..
- In the meantime, rinse and pat dry the halibut and season on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Heat the butter in a large cast iron or non-stick skillet set over medium high heat just until melted. Add the squash and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shallots and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until squash is just tender. Remove to the bowl with the orzo, toss to combine and keep warm..
- Add the olive oil to the pan and heat until shimmering. Add the fish and cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the fish over and continue to cook just until cooked through and opaque, about 2 minutes..
- Add the lemon zest, juice and basil leaves to the squash and orzo and toss to combine. Divide between 2 plates and top with the fish. Serve immediately and enjoy!.