You can have Coconut Shrimp using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp
- Prepare 2 of doz raw large shrimp thawed with tails.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2/3 cup of beer.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 2 cups of coconut flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 cups of vegetable oil.
Coconut Shrimp instructions
- Combine 1/4 cup of flour and paprika with coconut flakes..
- Whisk egg, beer and baking powder in a separate bowl..
- Combine salt and 1/2 cup of flour in a third bowl..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Dredge each shrimp in the flour, then the batter, and then the coconut. Place the shrimp on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for no less than 30 minutes, up to 8 hours..
- Fry in heated oil 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Be careful to not put too many in the oil at once as the oil will become too cool..
- Place the fried shrimp on a paper towel to absorb the oil. Serve warm..