German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting.
You can cook German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting
- You need 2 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Water.
- It’s 4 oz of Baking Chocolate (I used 1/4 c Cocoa Powder and 4 tsp oil).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Shortening.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Buttermilk (I used 1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need of ~*Icing Ingredients*~*.
- You need 1 Cup of Evaporated Milk.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Sugar.
- It’s 3 of Egg Yolks.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- You need 1 1/3 Cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Chopped Pecans.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
German Chocolate Sheet Cake with Coconut-Pecan Frosting instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Spray a 15x10x1 inch baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large mixing bowl, measure flour and sugar. Set aside..
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter, water, German Chocolate baking chocolate and shortening. Bring to a boil. After mixture reaches a boil, add it to the flour mixture and stir to combine..
- Add buttermilk, then baking soda, then eggs, then vanilla in that order, mixing in-between each addition..
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- ~*Frosting Directions*~*.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat combine milk, sugar egg yolks, and butter. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Stir constantly for about 12 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and add coconut and pecans. Stir in vanilla. Spread over cake evenly and drizzle with hot fudge..
- FOR BEST RESULTS Put in Freezer for 30 minutes after frosting the cake. It will cool the icing but the cake will be slightly warm and melt in your mouth.