Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple, Black Beans, Cauliflower and Sw.
You can create Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple, Black Beans, Cauliflower and Sw by using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that:
Ingredients of Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple, Black Beans, Cauliflower and Sw
- It’s 16 of Turkey Meatballs (We like Foster Farms Home Style).
- You need 1 of small diced Onion.
- You need 1 (4.5 oz) of canned, diced Green Chilies.
- You need 16 oz of Frozen Cauliflower (&/or carrots, &/or bell pepper).
- It’s 1 can of Diced Pineapple, drained (Reserve the juice for the sauce. I like this cut because it's an easy size for my kids to eat).
- It’s 1 can of Low Sodium Black Beans, rinsed.
- It’s 5 of ish cups Brown Rice and Quinoa cooked according to their directions.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Corn Starch.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed Brown Sugar.
- It’s 2/3 cup of Vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of low sodium Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1 teaspoon of All Spice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric.
Turkey Meatballs with Pineapple, Black Beans, Cauliflower and Sw step by step
- Cook diced onion until it is translucent in olive oil in the same pan you will cook the rice and quinoa..
- Cook your Brown Rice and Quinoa (if you are not using leftovers from the fridge. I used leftover quinoa but you could cook both at the same time just make sure you combine the amount of liquid from both directions. Costco also sells a nice garlic brown rice quinoa blend called Seeds of Change if you don't want to cook either). I boiled 2 1/4 cups water, added a cup of brown rice, and let it simmer for 45 minutes..
- Combine brown sugar and corn starch in a large skillet. Warm it on medium heat for a few minutes..
- Add reserve pineapple juice, vinegar, and soy sauce to the brown sugar and corn starch stirring constantly until combined. Bring the sauce to a boil stirring frequently as it thickens. Add your choice of spices and boil for 1 minute..
- Add spices of your choice, green chilies, and black beans to your brown rice quinoa mixture..
- Add 1 bag frozen cauliflower (or other veggies) to the sauce. Simmer until heated through..
- Depending on time and preference, heat 16 meatballs in the microwave or in the sauce..
- Add diced pineapple to the sauce with the veggies and meatballs..