Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter.
You can cook Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter
- You need 1 of acorn squash (butternut or kabocha squash work too).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s to taste of Salt & pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need handful of pecans, walnuts or other nuts (optional – to garnish).
Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter instructions
- Ingredients! Go ahead and preheat oven to 450F/230C. Wash off any dirt from the squashes skin. Cut the squash in half with a heavy knife and scoop out the seeds..
- Drizzle a little oil over the inside of the squash halves, sprinkle with a good amount of cumin and some salt & pepper. Rub it in with your hands..
- Lightly grease baking pan with oil. Place squash, cut-side down, onto the pan..
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until it's soft enough to easily pierce with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool..
- Slice garlic thinly and chop up the sage leaves if using fresh ones. On medium-low heat, melt about 2 Tbsp butter in a pot or pan. Add garlic and sage..
- Fry sage and garlic until garlic is light brown. The butter may brown a little but that's okay. Just keep an eye on it so the butter or the garlic doesn't burn! Remove from heat when finished..
- Cut squash into smaller wedges if desired and arrange on a plate..
- Pour over the sage-garlic butter with a spoon. Add salt & pepper if needed..
- As an option, garnish with pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc. for extra nutty taste! Yum!.