You can have Coconut Cake using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cake
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sweetened Shredded Coconut.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Baking Powder.
- It’s 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature.
- You need 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil.
- It’s 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- It’s 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s of For the Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting:.
- It’s 8 oz. of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of Powdered Sugar.
Coconut Cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 inch spring form pan with non-stick spray and set aside. You can also make this cake in a 10 inch Bundt Cake pan..
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt and set aside..
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat together the butter, sugar and coconut oil until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, vanilla extract and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated..
- Pour the buttermilk and beat until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix it all together until it’s incorporated. Gently fold in the shredded coconut..
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, for about 45 minutes. Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting..
- For the frosting, in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract until well blended. Slowly add powered sugar and continue to mix until smooth..
- Once the cake has completely cooled, spread the top and the sides of the cake with frosting, and top it with flaked coconut..