Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole. Jalapeño popper chicken casserole with bacon is about to become a weeknight favorite in your home when you need an easy, one dish keto dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Serve it up all on its own or with your vegetables or fresh salad on the side. Pop this jalapeno popper chicken casserole in the oven for a quick and easy keto dinner that's the perfect balance of spicy and creamy.
This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole is one of the best casseroles ever. How about trying my jalapeño popper chicken casserole?! This low-carb jalapeno popper casserole recipe is about to become your new favorite weeknight dinner! You can cook Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- You need 6 slices of bacon.
- It’s 1 of small onion chopped.
- You need 1 of garlic clove minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of Monterey jack cheese.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 3 of jalapenos, 2 diced and 1 sliced.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of cooked shredded chicken.
- You need 8 oz of cooked penne pasta.
I am putting a spin on the traditional chicken casserole dish by adding jalapeños AND BACON! Chicken casserole with jalapeño is a smooth and creamy recipe with unparalleled flavor. Feel free to try both of them and let us know how you go. My Biscuits & Gravy Casserole, Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole, Chili "Cornbread" Casserole and Taco Lasagna Casserole are still my top favorites.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole instructions
- Cook bacon, crumble and set aside.
- Add onion to bacon grease and cook till soft, add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add butter and flour once butter is melted and stir for 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth and milk.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Remove from pan and stir in Monterey jack and half of cheddar cheese.
- Stir in diced jalapenos, chicken, pasta and half of bacon.
- Put in greased casserole dish and bake 20 minutes at 350 covered.
- Remove foil and top with remaining bacon, cheddar cheese and sliced jalapeno.
- Bake for 10 minutes more.
Jalapenos and buffalo chicken are a marriage of flavors that just had to be done. It's a flavor explosion that is oozing with rich and delicious cheese, and. Jalapenos and buffalo chicken are a marriage of flavors that just had to be done. It's a flavor explosion that is oozing with rich and delicious cheese, and Slice and serve up! Jalapeno fans will love this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole.