Coconut Layer Cake FUSF.
You can have Coconut Layer Cake FUSF using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Layer Cake FUSF
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour, plus some for dusting pans.
- It’s 3/4 pound of unsalted butter, softened plus some for greasing pans.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- You need 5 of eggs, room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of coconut extract.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 ounces of sweetened coconut flakes.
- You need of Frosting.
- You need 1 package of cream cheese at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract.
- You need 5 cups of sifted confectioners sugar.
- You need 6 ounces of sweetened coconut flakes.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 8 oz of lemon curd.
Coconut Layer Cake FUSF step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 3 9 inch round cake pans, line with parchment paper, grease again and then dust with flour..
- In bowl of electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping sides of bowl. Add vanilla and coconut extracts and mix well. Don't worry if it looks curdled..
- In separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together. On low speed, alternate adding dry ingredients to mixing bowl with coconut milk. Begin and end with dry ingredients. Mix just until combined. Fold in coconut with rubber spatula..
- Pour batter evenly into pans and smooth the tops. Bake in center of oven for 40-45 minutes, until lightly browned and cake tester comes out clean. Cool on rack for 20 minutes, then turn out of pans onto cooling rack..
- In bowl of mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter, cream cheese and extracts on low speed until thoroughly combined. Add confectioners sugar one cup at a time. Mix in each cup on low speed, then turn speed to high for 10 seconds. Repeat this step for each cup of sugar added..
- Once cake is thoroughly cooled, place on cake round and spread lemon curd on each layer. Frost sides and top with frosting. Cover top and sides with coconut, pressing in slightly to make coconut adhere. Refrigerate until 1 hour before serving..