Low Carb Almond Flour Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. Keto almond flour pie crust is easy to make and wonderfully flaky. Almond Flour Pie Crust (Low Carb, Gluten Free). If you've browsed any of my dessert pies, you may have come I made this pie crust, minus the sugar, for chicken pot pie.
You can make almond flour pie crust with or without the sweetener, so it works for low carb dessert recipes as well as for savory pies. I made it with your easy Tamale Pie Casserole dish. Have you ever tried to leverage this for a pizza dough? 🙂. You can cook Low Carb Almond Flour Chicken Pot Pie Casserole using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Almond Flour Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- It’s of pie crust.
- You need 2 cup of almond flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/8 cup of parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s of pot pie ingredients.
- It’s 1 lb of chicken breast tenderloins.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 packages of frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of sage.
- Prepare 1 of rosemary.
- It’s 1 of basil.
- Prepare 12 oz of Jar of Heinz fat free chicken gravy.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter (optional).
Low carb pie crusts can sometimes be a little intimidating to do. I had always made all of my pie crusts using flour or starches and never would have In my low carb quiche with mascarpone, the recipe I used for the low carb pie crust was a little similar to this recipe here but skipped the sweetener and. Easy Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie! Need a quick and easy weeknight meal?
Low Carb Almond Flour Chicken Pot Pie Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease 9×13 casserole dish..
- Mix almond flour, coconut oil, salt, parmesan cheese and egg together until it forms a doughy texture..
- Cook chicken breasts in one pan with 2 tbsp olive oil and frozen veggies in a larger skillet with 2 tbsp of olive oil..
- While chicken is cooking, take almond flour dough and press into the bottom of the casserole dish covering the whole bottom..
- Add mushrooms, seasonings and chicken broth to veggies. Add butter for taste and thickening (optional) Simmer and stir.
- Continue to cook chicken until done. Remove chicken and shred or cut into smaller chunks..
- Add chicken and chicken gravy to the veggies. Stir and simmer for 2 minutes..
- Pour pot pie ingredients into casserole dish. Bake for 30 minutes. The crust will be more moist and less crispy when done. But still gives a nice hearty flavor..
Let's find out if Carbquick Baking Mix makes a suitable alternative to traditional. A delicious alternative with an almond flour crust for those following a low carb plan, or just trying to cut back on sugar. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the filling. The pot pie filling is made of almond flour using the stovetop and is loaded with cauliflower, celery, and other vegetables. Substitute for turkey if you wish.