Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken.
You can cook Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken
- It’s 2 large of skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of coconut flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- You need 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 2 of eggs (optional).
Brenda's Paleo Coconut Crusted Chicken step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into three strips each..
- Melt the coconut oil in a fry pan. Turn the oven to 350°F..
- Mix the coconut flour, dessicated coconut, salt and thyme in a bowl large enough to toss the chicken strips in..
- If you are using egg Beat the eggs in another bowl. One by one, immerse the chicken strips in egg then toss them in coconut mix until covered and then put each in the fry pan. If making the AIP version Quickly swoosh the chicken strips in the fry pan to coat them with coconut oil, then toss them through the coconut mix until covered..
- After coating, place the chicken strips in the fry pan..
- Allow the coated strips to gently sizzle (adjust the heat so that they don't burn), and turn them when slightly browned. Once they are browned on both sides, remove from the fry pan to an oven dish. There will be some coconut and oil left in the pan that can be poured over the strips, if you want extra crunch..
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until you are 100% sure the chicken is cooked right through (usually I do a sort of biopsy for this – check that the largest strip is fully cooked at its fattest part..
- Drizzle with avocado sauce. Or, if you are me, just lay it on thickly. Serve with all manner of healthy vegetables..