You can have Coconut Thumbprints using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Thumbprints
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar (or equivalent of sugar substitute).
- Prepare 1 of egg, separated (or equivalent of egg substitute).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour of your choice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 2/3 cup of flaked coconut.
- It’s 1/4 cup of thick preserves, jam, or jelly.
Coconut Thumbprints step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheet..
- Cream shortening, sugar, egg yolk, & vanilla in mixer. Add flour, salt, & baking powder. Mix well..
- Form into balls 1 inch in diameter..
- Beat egg white until slightly frothy. Dip balls in egg whites, then roll in coconut & place on baking sheet..
- Make shallow depression in center of each cookie, using thunb or small spoon..
- Place 1/2 tsp of preserves in each center..
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until coconut begins to brown. Cool on baking sheet about 1-2 minutes. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely..