Grilled Pork Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper Mayo "El Cumino".
You can have Grilled Pork Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper Mayo "El Cumino" using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Pork Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper Mayo "El Cumino"
- It’s 1 of pork loin ( back ribs cut ).
- It’s 6 of mini red peppers.
- It’s 2 small of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 6 tsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 packages of crusty hoagie rolls.
- Prepare 1 packages of shredded lettuce.
- It’s 1 large of tomato.
- You need 1 lb of capicola.
- Prepare of spices.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- It’s of ground cumin.
Grilled Pork Sandwich with Roasted Red Pepper Mayo "El Cumino" step by step
- The base of this sandwich is the cumin crusted pork loin. Let's prep! 3 finger pinch of salt, followed by a dash of black pepper both sides of the pork loin. Now to build the crust. Liberally season both sides of the meat with cumin. Cover the meat with spice until all you see is cumin. Press the meat down with a patting motion so the cumin adheres. I always let my meat sit 24 hours before cooking, but let this rub sit at least 2 hours..
- Let's build the roasted red pepper mayo. Start with the 6 tsp of mayo, add in 2 cloves minced garlic, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Refrigerate. We'll add in the roasted red peppers in a bit..
- Ok . Let's keep it grill. Toss the pork over hot coals. Put the 6 mini peppers on the grill slightly off the direct heat. Now we want to sear the pork on both sides. Building a nice crust. About 6 minutes both sides..
- After the crust on the pork is nice and set. Move the pork off of direct heat. Place the peppers over direct heat and finish charring..
- Now that we have the peppers charred, let's pull them off the grill and mince them. Fold them into the mayo. Now we have roasted red pepper mayo!.
- The meat is now ready. Grill marks and perfectly moist. Let's get it to the cutting board. Before we slice the meat let's toast our nice hoagie rolls! On the grill face down. While they toast let's slice our pork nice and thin..
- Our pork is sliced perfectly thin. Let's build our sandwich..
- Layer the flavor. Liberally spread the roasted red pepper mayo on the bottom bun. Then place 2 slices of tomato. Pile on some beautiful grilled pork. Then lay on a handful of sliced capicola. Top with swiss cheese. Spread on some shredded lettuce. Drizzle with olive oil and pour on the red wine vinegar. We have "El Cumino"..