Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice).
You can have Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice)
- You need of banana leaves.
- It’s of plates white rice.
- You need of For the tuna sauce:.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of tuna, drained (I used tuna in water).
- Prepare of shallots, finely sliced.
- Prepare of lemongrass, cut the white part, finely sliced.
- Prepare of salt and sugar.
- Prepare of For ground spices:.
- Prepare of garlic.
- Prepare of shallots.
- You need of red chili peppers (jalapeño or serrano).
- It’s of birds eye chili peppers (optional).
Nasi Bakar Sambal Tuna (Spicy Tuna Grilled Rice) step by step
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots and lemongrass until fragrant. Add ground spices. Cook until ground spices change color..
- Add tuna. Keep stirring until all the ingredients mix well. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Prepare 2 sheets banana leaves. Spread 1 plate of white rice out in an even layer on top of the banana leaves. Place 1/2 tuna sauce mixture in the center of white rice. Add basil leaves to taste. Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing one more time with the rest of the rice..
- Heat the grill pan over medium high-heat. Place banana leaves wraps on the grill and grill until banana leaves browned and charred 10-15 minutes each side..
- Serve warm with tomato and cucumber slices! 😋.