Garlic Black Pepper and Cheese Flatbread.
You can have Garlic Black Pepper and Cheese Flatbread using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlic Black Pepper and Cheese Flatbread
- Prepare 1 package of rapid rise dry yeast.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of full fat sour cream.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh grated romano cheese.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh cracked black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, I used chili infused.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
Garlic Black Pepper and Cheese Flatbread instructions
- Whisk yeast, warm water and sugar in a bowl. Let sit 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, romano cheese, salt, pepper, baking powder and garlic.
- Whisk in egg and sour cream.
- With a fork add yeast mixture until a dough forms.
- Then knead dogh on a floured surface until a soft sticky dough forms.
- Place dough in a non stick sprayed bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine butter, melted with olive oil in a small bowl.
- Cut 8 portion of dough.
- Roll each portion into 6 to 8 inch ovals.
- Heat a non stick skillet with a brushing of the butter/ oil mixture.
- Add rolled dough, cooking just until golden then flip and cook other side about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- This bread is delicious served with soups and stews, or topped with cheese and meats and vegetables. It also freezes well, individually wrapped.