Pear and Ginger Cake with a Maple Glaze.
You can cook Pear and Ginger Cake with a Maple Glaze using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pear and Ginger Cake with a Maple Glaze
- You need 150 grams of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soft brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Maple syrup.
- It’s 2 of eggs beaten.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger powder.
- You need 410 grams of or can of pears quarters.
- It’s 2 tsp of cornflour.
- You need 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
Pear and Ginger Cake with a Maple Glaze step by step
- Preheat oven 180c . Grease 20cm spring form cake tin.
- Cream butter and sugar and maple syrup until fluffy. Gradually add the besten eggs at small amount to avoid curdling..
- Disslove baking soda in the milk. Sift the flour, baking powder, ginger into the cream butter, alternately with the milk, mixing carefully until combined. Spoon batter into cake tin. Add the drained pears cut side down onto the mixture..
- Bake for 40 mins until cooked. Check it with a skewer by inserting in the middle and it comes out clean..
- Making Glaze. Mix the cornflour with 1 Tbsp of cold water to form a paste. Place the maple syrup into saucepan. Stir the cornflour over the medium heat until thicken and boiling. Remove from the heat. Allow to cool a little before brushing it onto the cake.