Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken.
You can have Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plain fat free Greek yogurt, at room temp..
- You need 1 large of clove garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of juice and zest of one lemon.
- You need 3 of boneless & skinless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole wheat or other whole grain Orzo.
- You need 1 cup of frozen petite peas, thawed and patted dry.
- Prepare 2 oz of finely crumbled Goat cheese, at room temp..
- It’s 4 tbsp of chopped fresh herbs, such as basil and tarragon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Creamy Lemon-Pepper Orzo with Grilled Chicken step by step
- whisk together the yogurt, 2 teasoons of the oil, garlic,lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined..
- bring a pot of water to boil and preheat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium heat..
- rub the chicken thighs with remaining oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt..
- grill until nicely marked and cooked through, 10 to 12 min. per side..
- transfer to a cutting board and let stand for 5 min.
- add Orzo to boiling water and cook according to package directions for al dente, stirring the peas in the last min. of cooking..
- drain the Orzo and peas, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid..
- stir the Orzo and peas into the yogurt mixture, along with the goat cheese, 3 tablespoons of fresh herbs and at least 3/4 cup of cooking liquid until wel combined..
- transfer to a serving platter.
- thinly slich chicken and arrange on top of the Orzo, sprinkle with lemon zest and remaining fresh herbs and serve.