Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta. See great recipes for Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta too! Eye of Round Steaks are cooked until they reach fork-tender deliciousness! Braising method tenderizes lean and tough meat into mouth-watering pieces.
Beef eye of round steaks are simmered in a red wine sauce until tender enough to cut with a fork. This is said to be one of former President Ford's Season the steaks with thyme and seasoned salt, then dust them lightly with flour. Fry the steaks in the skillet over medium-high heat until browned on each. You can cook Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta using 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta
- You need 6 of eye of round steaks.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- You need of White pepper.
- You need of Montreal steak seasoning.
- You need 1 of LG onion, cut into long thin strips.
- You need 1 lb of crimini mushrooms, sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cream sherry.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter, divided.
- It’s 4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- Prepare of For the polenta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of minced onion.
- Prepare 3-4 of large jalapeños, seeded and minced.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk or half&half.
- It’s 2 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1 pinch of Cajun spice.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded white cheddar.
- Prepare 1 cup of yellow corn meal.
- It’s of For the cauliflower.
- You need 1 of LG head cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Prepare 2 tbs of oil.
- You need of Cajun spice.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need Pinch of sea salt.
- It’s of Louisiana hot sauce.
Pan frying beef round eye steak is a fast, simple technique that results in a lean, tasty and protein-rich meal. Beef eye steak is a small, boneless steak Today's tried and true is a recipe that's been a family favorite for over a decade – Best-Ever Beef Tips! BEST-EVER BEEF TIPS Tender beef cooked. I added dried thyme in the Polenta.
Brad's eye of round steak over jalapeño cheddar polenta step by step
- Cover both sides of the steaks with sea salt, white pepper, and Montreal seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Drizzle oil and sprinkle seasonings to taste over them. Toss to coat. Place in a baking dish and roast at 375 until tender. When done, add hot sauce to taste..
- For the steaks, heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in a frying pan. Saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic over medium low heat until carmelized. When carmelized, turn heat up to medium and add sherry. Deglaze until all liquid is reduced..
- Start steaks and polenta at the same time..
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add a touch of oil. Sear steaks on one side. About 3-4 minutes. When nice and browned on one side, flip. Add 3 tbs butter and rosemary sprigs to the pan. Baste with a spoon for 3 or 4 minutes again. Remove when steaks are medium rare. Let steaks rest 3 minutes..
- At the same time in a saucepot, saute the onion and jalapeños for the polenta. Just until onions become translucent. Do not brown. Add water, milk, bouillon, and spices. Bring to a boil. When boiling, slowly whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low. Cook until you have a smooth polenta with no lumps or gritty texture. Add cheese and mix well..
- To plate, place polenta on the bottom. Put a steak on top. Spoon a little of the pan juice over it. Cover with sautéed mushrooms and onion. Serve cauliflower on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Cheddar Jalapeño Sourdough Bread made from scratch! With a delicious Roasted Garlic Spread! Check out my post so you learn how to make this sourdough loaf from scratch! This is my Cheddar Jalapeño Sourdough Bread. And this bread doesn't come alone.