Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars. Turn off heat and fold in toasted coconut, sweetened coconut and peanuts, then pour over bottom chocolate layer. Combine the caramels and coconut milk in a saucepan over low heat. Cashew Caramel Bars. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Top with more coconut, if desired. Remove the bars from the baking dish. For the Toasted Coconut and Caramel Layer. You can cook Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars
- You need of COOKIES.
- Prepare 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of CARAMEL.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 2 oz of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need of TOPPING.
- You need 3 cup of toasted coconut, recipe for toasted coconut attached in direction step #8.
- You need 3 cup of semi sweet chocolate, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of or more of roasted, lightly salted cashews.
Spread the shredded coconut out over a baking pan. Cashews with flaked coconut turn into mouthwatering brownies – a perfect Christmas dessert. Coconut Caramel Cashew Clusters. by Jennafer Ashley. Nestle crunchy clusters of cashews with layers of Paleo caramel and "white chocolate" to calm all your snacking needs!
Toasted Coconut Caramel Cashew Bars instructions
- MAKE COOKIE BASE. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 by 13 inch baking pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Press into prepared pan and bake 12 to 15 minutes until light golden. Cool on rack in pan.
- MAKE CARAMEL.
- In a medium saucepan combine, cream, milk, light brown sugar, butter and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring and continue to simmer stirring often until thickened and a light golden color, 10 to 15 minutes, remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour 1/3 of hot caramel over cooled crust, smooth with an off set spatula or back of a spoon.
- Add toasted coconut to remaining caramel and blend well. Toasted coconut recipe is attache below. Spread coconut caramel evenly over plain caramel layer on bars. Allow to cool at least 1 hour and then cut into bars https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358497-toasted-coconut.
- FINISH BARS.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt 1 1/2 cup of chocolate until smooth.
- Dip BOTTOM of each bar into chocolate or spread a layer of chocolate on each bottom, which ever is easier for you. Place coated bars chocolate side up on parchment lined pan and chill until hard about 1 hour.
- Melt remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate until smooth, drizzle over bars. Press cashews in places on wet chocolate to stick. Chill until set..
Tip: Use this sweet coconut mix as a dip for strawberries, to make homemade candy bars, or as a drizzle for other Paleo. Try this easy and simple recipe for Cashew Caramel Bars that are loaded with cashew nuts. But not just any caramel bars, she was asking for something much more specific. She wanted the one from Max's Restaurant. I tried some recipes online but in the end, I came up with my own. loaded with toasted coconut, cashews and sesame seeds these granola bars get an extra kick with a Thai spiced peanut butter.