Orzo Asparagus Salad.
You can have Orzo Asparagus Salad using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orzo Asparagus Salad
- You need 16 oz. of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 25 of asparagus stems, diced.
- You need 2 of medium shallots, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 33 oz. of artichoke hearts marinated in oil, drained & rinsed.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of julienne cut sundried tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt for boiling water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lemon zest.
- You need 1/4 cup of rice vinegar, unseasoned.
- It’s 1/2 cup of virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of crushed pepper (optional).
Orzo Asparagus Salad step by step
- Julienne cut asparagus into 2 inch pieces and boil in salted water in stockpot until tender, but still bright green. Drain, rinse in cold water and place in large bowl..
- Pull asparagus out with slotted spoon and cook orzo in the asparagus water until al dente, approximately 8 minutes. Drain and add to asparagus..
- Add sundried tomatoes to asparagus bowl..
- In small sauté pan, cook chopped shallots and minced garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until tender. Add to asparagus bowl..
- Add artichoke hearts that were drained, rinsed and quartered to asparagus bowl..
- In separate bowl, combine lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt, and crushed pepper. Whisk and pour over asparagus bowl..
- Add lemon zest to asparagus and gently fold all ingredients with a large spoon..
- Place bowl in refrigerator for at least 2 hours..