Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes. These cupcakes are coconut-themed, that's for sure! We've used this tropical fruit as coconut sugar, coconut flour, flakes, oil, and coconut milk. The coffee gives a nice boost, resulting in a more chocolate-flavored cake rather than a coffee-flavored cake.
Rich and light coconut cupcakes with a creamy coconut frosting. Most coconut cupcakes are often a bit too dense and flavorless in my opinion, often presenting bland cake with a avalanche of coconut plopped on top. These Coconut Cupcakes are topped with a creamy coconut buttercream frosting and then sprinkled with shredded coconut. You can cook Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes
- You need of Cupcakes.
- Prepare 110 grams of sugar.
- Prepare 110 grams of margarine.
- You need 110 grams of Self Rasing Flour.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Coffee.
- It’s 4 tbsp of water.
- You need of Desiccated Coconut.
- It’s of milk.
- You need of topping.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 200 grams of Icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of coffee.
- Prepare 4 tsp of water.
These coconut cupcakes are one of my all time favorite cupcakes. Who knows, maybe I say that a lot but these would definitely make it to the top five. Coconut cupcakes are soft, fluffy cupcakes (I provide a both a from-scratch recipe and the option to use a box-mix!), topped off with a cream cheese based coconut buttercream frosting and then sprinkled with lightly toasted coconut! These cupcakes are a coconut lover's dream.
Coffee and Coconut Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°F.
- In a bowl, cream margarine and sugar..
- Add the vanilla and eggs, stir being careful not to curdle the marg..
- Fold in the flour. This is your cake mixture..
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stirring until disolved. Stir this into the cake mixture making a coffee cake mixture. Add milk here if mixture is too thick..
- Divide between either 12 cupcake case or 6 muffin cases. Sprinkle the coconut ontop of the mixture in the cases- DO NOT MIX- this is soo the coconut is toasted in the oven, adding to the flavour..
- Bake for 15 minutes (cupcakes, muffins will take longer) Remove from oven and completely cool before placing icing ontop.
- TO MAKE THE TOPPING- in a bowl add the butter, and cream into the icing sugar. You are not making butter cream! Not all the icing sugar will blend.
- In a cup add the coffee to the water, stir untill disolved. Add to the icing sugar and butter. Keep stirring until the icing is of a proffered thickness – the thicker it is the quicker it will set- this is what the butter is for, it allows you to have a basic icing with some structure..
- Ice your cupcakes..
There are layers upon layers of coconut flavor built on top of one another. The cupcakes themselves have both ground sweetened coconut and coconut milk in them, and they would be actually be perfect as-is with a dollop of whipped cream on top. Your Cupcakes Coconut stock images are ready. Download all free or royalty-free photos and vectors. Use them in commercial designs under lifetime, perpetual & worldwide rights.