Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus.
You can cook Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus
- Prepare 5 pounds of bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces.
- Prepare 2-2.5 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, grated OR 2 teaspoons garlic powder (not garlic salt).
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of olive oil plus more for veg.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled, halved, halves cut into quarters.
- You need 12-15 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 pound of asparagus, woody part of stem removed, cut into 1.5-inch pieces.
Sheet Pan Roast Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes, Onions & Asparagus instructions
- Mix salt, sugar, garlic, thyme, rosemary, Balsamic vinegar, and yogurt in a bowl until all the salt and sugar are dissolved. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the chicken pieces with the mixture, making sure it's evenly distributed. After that, add in the olive oil and mix thoroughly again. Set aside on the counter and let the flavors absorb. If you're going to roast within 90 minutes, no need to refrigerate. That will just slow down the marinating process..
- While the chicken is taking up the seasoning, preheat the oven to 425F. After the oven is preheated, put your sheet pan in the oven, empty, for about 10 minutes total, adding the butter and letting it melt in the last minute. This butter along with the heat of the pan will help sear the bottom sides of the chicken and also make your pan sauce extra delicious..
- In a separate medium bowl, toss your tomatoes and onions with a teaspoon of olive oil and a good pinch of salt..
- Place your chicken in a single layer, skin side up, on your sheet pan. Try not to have the pieces touch. Then place onions and tomatoes between the chicken pieces. Roast for 25 minutes before adding your asparagus..
- While the chicken, tomatoes, and onions are roasting, toss the asparagus with a teaspoon of olive oil and a good pinch of salt. (I just used the same bowl as I used for the tomatoes and onions.).
- After the chicken, tomatoes, and onions have been roasting for 25 minutes, scatter the asparagus over the pan and roast another 20 minutes..
- That's it! I served it with a Spring Greens Salad dressed with Balsamic vinaigrette and lots of crusty bread for sopping up that yummy pan sauce. Enjoy. :).