You can cook Minestrone Soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minestrone Soup
- It’s 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of large rib celery, sliced.
- You need 1 of medium carrot, diced.
- You need 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 can of whole plum tomatoes (32oz).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1/4 cup of orzo.
- Prepare 1 of medium zucchini, sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of baby spinach.
- It’s to taste of Kosher salt and pepper.
Minestrone Soup step by step
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add tomatoes and use a spatula to break into pieces. Add bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Serve immediately..