Meatless Main Dish Minestrone. This classic minestrone soup recipe is healthy, easy to make, and tastes incredible. It's vegan, too, if Minestrone was traditionally made to use up leftover vegetables, so feel free to use any seasonal vegetables It makes a great main dish, but you could serve with a simple salad and crusty bread! Meatless Minestrone recipe: This recipe for traditional Italian soup may have quite a few ingredients, but it couldn't be easier to prepare.
Very good basic veggie minestrone soup recipe. Add more veggies, chicken broth or "clean out your fridge"'with this one.so versatile. Meatless Minestrone Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. You can have Meatless Main Dish Minestrone using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Meatless Main Dish Minestrone
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- You need 5-6 of large carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of medium celery stalks.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, minced.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 1 of medium head green cabbage (about 1.5 lb.), coarsely sliced.
- It’s 1 (28 oz.) of can of tomatoes, chopped (save liquid).
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of regular long-grain rice or orzo.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of oregano leaves.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 4 of medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- It’s 4 of beef boullion cubes.
- Prepare 2 of large zucchini, cut into bite-sized pieces.
- It’s 2 of 15.25-20 oz. cans red kidney beans, drained.
- It’s 1 (10 oz.) of package frozen chopped spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese.
How to cook Meatless minestrone at home✅ Recipes with photos and step-by-step instructions from category Vegetable soups ⭐ Best culinary dishes on Cookorama.net. This budget minestrone is the classic Italian soup made with cannellini beans and broken up spaghetti. The minestrone is vegetarian, as long as you use vegetable stock. Whip up a main-meal soup in next to no time.
Meatless Main Dish Minestrone instructions
- In 8 quart dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat, in hot butter, cook carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and cabbage until vegetables are browned, about 30+ minutes, stirring frequently..
- Add tomatoes with their liquid and next 9 ingredients..
- Over high heat, heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender..
- Add beans and frozen spinach, cook over medium heat until spinach is cooked and beans are heated through..
- Add more water if necessary, as the soup becomes thick upon standing..
- Serve with parmesan cheese..
Minestrone soup is an Italian classic! This version is made with cannellini beans, chicken stock, cabbage, potato, zucchini, carrots, plum tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. This favorite Italian soup is made with fresh seasonal vegetables. Jump to navigation Jump to search. Minestrone—brimming with vegetables, pasta, and beans in a full-flavored broth—is one of the best-known soups around.