Vermicelli Upma. Semiya upma recipe – one of the everyday breakfasts of south India. Semiya=vermicelli & upma is a South Indian dish made with semolina and basic tempering ingredients..to the traditional rava upma or semolina upma by just replacing it with vermicelli or semiya. wheat and also millets. out of these bambino or mtr vermicelli upma recipe is a popular recipe. Upma Recipe: A popular South Indian breakfast dish Vermicelli Upma also known as Semiya Upma.
Semiya Upma Recipe, yet another quick and easy to make upma with Vermicelli, mixed veggies and mild spices. Usually Semiya Upma is served with Coconut Chutney. Upma is a popular South Indian Breakfast dish. You can have Vermicelli Upma using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vermicelli Upma
- It’s 1 cup of roasted vermicelli.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seed.
- You need 5-6 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peanuts.
- You need 3-4 tbsp of cashew.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of medium size chopped onion.
- You need 1 of medium size chopped tomato.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of peas.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Hing.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 cups of water to cook vermicelli.
Vermicelli Upma is a healthy, tasty and colorful dish. It is equally great for breakfast or snack. Vermicelli is also known as seviyan. This is an easy recipe to make.
Vermicelli Upma step by step
- Take a big wide pan,add 2 cups of water and bring to rolling boil..
- When water starts boiling turn of the heat,add roasted vermicelli to boiled water stir once and cover the pan with lid for 10 minutes,until vermicelli is soft..
- When vermicelli is soft drain the water with the help of colander and keep in a colander until needed..
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in a wide pan over medium heat..
- Add 4tbsp cashews and roast until turn golden brown..
- Remove roasted cashew from the pan.
- Add 1tsp mustard seed,4-5 curry leaves,1/8 tsp hing,1/4 cup peanuts and let it splutter..
- Now add 1 medium size chopped onion and saute for couple of minutes..
- Add 1/4 cup chopped capsicum,1/4 peas stir well.Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 minute,until vegetables are soft..
- Add 1 medium size chopped tomato and salt to taste to cooked vegetable mixture..
- Stir well and cook until tomatoes turn soft..
- When tomatoes are cooked add 1 tsp red chilli powder,1 tsp coriander powder,1/2 tsp garam masala and mix well..
- Finely add drained vermicelli, roasted cashew and mix everything until well combined..
- Turn off the heat and garnished with chopped coriander leaves..
- Serve delicious vermicelli umpa with a cup of hot tea/coffee in breakfast..
Vermicelli upma is a simple, healthy and nutritious breakfast recipe. Bambino vermicelli upma is a These days it is a constant struggle to bring out new breakfast ideas. So this upma is a much needed. Semiya Upma also known as Vermicelli Upma is made by tossing roasted vermicelli noodles with onions, tomatoes, vegetables and spices. Semiya Upma is a simple and easy breakfast recipe.