Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers.
You can cook Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 1 of Red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages of firm, light tofu.
- You need 2 of scallions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Red quinoa.
- You need 2 tbsp of orzo pasta.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vodka sauce.
- It’s of grated parmesan cheese.
Kate's Roasted, Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Drain, squeeze and cube tofu. Let it sit on a plate with paper towels to get a lot of the moisture out. Preheat oven to 350..
- On a large pan, pour oil and warm until a wooden spoon starts to sizzle when dipped into it..
- Dump tofu into pan. Season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes to your taste..
- Chop up scallions and add to the pan..
- Stir tofu. Let sizzle until all sides are a lovely golden brown. When cooked, place aside in a bowl..
- Prepare quinoa and orzo. I made 2 servings, so I used 1/4 cup quinoa with 2 tbsp orzo. Pour 3/4 cup water into pan. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add vodka sauce and salt..
- When cooked, pour contents into the bowl with the tofu. Mix it up! I like to add arugula, but be sure to snip it up into small pieces..
- Cut red pepper in half through the stem the long way. Remove stem and seeds, and place into a baking tray..
- Fill pepper halves and top with parmesan or any cheese you choose. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pepper is tender and the cheese is brown..