Bacon Beef Butternut Squash. Butternut squash stuffed with Grass-fed ground beef, bacon and onions. Then to “top” it off, caramelized onions in balsamic vinegar and it is heavenly. Hope you enjoy as much as we did since we ate the whole squash with everything else.
Bacon butternut squash soup can just as easily be whipped up in a regular blender. On a baking sheet, drizzle squash with olive oil and rub all over until coated. Place a slice of butter in each and season generously with salt and pepper. You can make Bacon Beef Butternut Squash by using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that:
Ingredients of Bacon Beef Butternut Squash
- It’s 1 of Butternut Squash.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 small of onions.
- It’s 1 of stock celery.
- You need 6 slice of nitrite free bacon.
- It’s 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of balsamic vinegar.
Cubed butternut squash only takes about ten minutes to soften in the simmering broth, while you chop a bunch of chard into thin strips. Vinegar is the last ingredient, rounding out the heavy flavors of the beans and bacon, the sweetness of the butternut squash and the slightly bitter greens. When you roast butternut squash it enhances the flavors even more! But when you add bacon to it it turns into something magical!
Bacon Beef Butternut Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out stringy bits and seeds. Place squash in pyrex baking pan with 1″ water and cook for an hour. (More or less depending on size of squash.).
- Chop 2 onions and celery. Set aside 3rd onion for later..
- Cook 6 slices of bacon in cast iron skillet. Remove and let cool before crumbling in separate bowl..
- Cook beef in bacon fat, salt and pepper to taste. Put in bowl with bacon and mix..
- Cook chopped onion and celery in skillet with bacon/beef fat. Place in bowl with bacon and beef..
- Pull the butternut squash out and allow to cool. Scoop soft squash into the bowl with bacon, beef, onion, and celery. Mix and add cinnamon, salt and pepper. Scoop back into butternut squash shells. And allow to bake 20 minutes longer..
- Slice remaining onion. Toss in skillet and cook until soft. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar and allow to caramelize..
- Toss caramelized onions on top of stuffed squash and serve..
Not only is this recipe incredibly luscious, but it only takes. Delicata squash is roasted to perfection and stuffed with ground beef, caramelized onions, bacon, spinach, mushrooms and seasonings. I'm still on a huge winter squash kick and I've decided, wholeheartedly, that my favorite way to enjoy winter squash is roasted and stuffed with ALL the. Making your own beef bacon is not difficult, it's just a matter of being prepared for the time the cure takes, then the smoke stage. The most difficult thing may be procuring navel, or belly, but you can approach your local meat market to special order it for you or even order online.