Greek Style Stuffed Peppers.
You can have Greek Style Stuffed Peppers using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Greek Style Stuffed Peppers
- It’s 6 large of Green bell peppers.
- It’s 1/2 lb of Orzo pasta (uncooked measurement-half of a one pound box).
- You need 8 oz of Fresh spinach, uncooked weight.
- You need 15 oz of Can of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 cup of Diced onion.
- It’s 6 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1/3 cup of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Dried basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 8 oz of Feta cheese, crumbled.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded mozzarella cheese or Italian blend.
Greek Style Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Clean peppers and cut in half from top to bottom. Creating 12 halves. Clean out the stem, seeds and ribs..
- Cook orzo according to box directions, but undercook it a few minutes, since it will continue to cook in the oven..
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook the onion in the olive oil until tender and translucent. Add the garlic and other spices. Cook one minute…careful not to burn the garlic..
- Add the spinach, torn up a bit into smaller pieces. Stir and cook over low heat until wilted..
- Add the can of tomatoes and the cooked and drained pasta..
- Add in the crumbled feta and stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired..
- Stuff the pepper halves with the orzo mixture. Place in a large casserole dish..
- Sprinkle tops with the grated cheese..
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes..