Green Chile Chicken Soup. If you like cream of chicken soup this is heavenly! Green chile chicken soup is chicken soup for the chile lover's soul. Step aside chicken noodle, because this recipe is far better to relieve a cold.
This comforting dish comes together in one pot and is perfect for a cold night. Easily and gently pull the chicken apart using forks. Before adding the chicken back, add green chiles to the Instant Pot. You can have Green Chile Chicken Soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green Chile Chicken Soup
- You need 8 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Skinless, boneless chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- It’s 1 pinch of Rosemary leaves.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 3 clove of of garlic minced (or 2 tablespoons of jarred garlic).
- You need 1/2 of Roughly chopped small-med yellow onion.
- You need 8 oz of Dry orzo pasta (cooked).
- Prepare 1 of Chopped NM green chile (fresh/frozen is best, canned is pickled so it might taste different).
As an OPTIONAL step, use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup to make a. Green chile chicken enchiladas are probably my favorite comfort food, but they do require a fair amount of time to make. Since this is a recipe to make when you're short on time, the solution was to take all the flavors that I love about the enchiladas and put them in a slow cooker soup. How to Make Green Chile Chicken Soup.
Green Chile Chicken Soup step by step
- Bring chicken to a low boil in 8 cups of water. Add spices and salt..
- Cook orzo pasta according to the directions, then drain, toss with olive oil and set aside..
- When chicken is nearly done cooking, add garlic and onions..
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove pieces from broth and roughly chop or shred..
- Once chopped, add chicken back to broth. Add green chile (the amount of green chile is up to your spice tolerance)..
- In serving bowl, add chicken and broth, and a scoop of cooked orzo..
If you're using a precooked chicken, remove the skin and shred all of the meat into a bowl and set off to the side covered with the skin to hold in moisture. So how did this green chile chicken mushroom soup turn out? Green chile chicken mushroom soup is spicy enough to clear up a head cold, packed with flavor, and just creamy enough to provide that silky smooth bite of a cream soup. Crock Pot Green Chile Enchilada Soup is a new favorite soup packed with chicken, green chiles, corn, rice, and mixed with lots of spices and cheeses. Since the crockpot does all the work, you can easily make this soup even on your busiest days.