Roasted Seviyan Vermicelli Kheer. Vermicelli kheer recipe With step by step photos. Roast on a medium flame till the seviyan strands turn golden brown. Seviyan or vermicelli kheer, is a traditional popular dessert.
Seviyan or vermicelli kheer, is a traditional popular dessert. Seviyans are thin long strings that looks very much like spaghetti however process if different. Use a nonstick or heavy bottom frying pan to make a seviyan kheer. You can cook Roasted Seviyan Vermicelli Kheer using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Seviyan Vermicelli Kheer
- It’s 300 ml of full cream milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of roasted vermicelli.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 of green cardamoms crushed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ghee.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of raisins.
- Prepare 7-8 of cashew nuts or almonds chopped.
Add the seviyan and roast them for about two minutes on medium low heat. Seviyan=vermicelli, so for this kheer, seviyan were first roasted in ghee and then cooked in milk and sweetened with sugar. Very similar to Sheer Khurma except that sheer khurma is more rich with addition of dates and nuts. Making kheer in the instant pot is truly life changing. the recipe for seviyan kheer is extremely simple, yet i would like to share some tips, recommendations and serving ideas for it. firstly, do not forget to fry the bambino / mtr vermicelli with ghee in low flame. do not burn them and fry till it reaches golden brown in color. alternatively, you can also use.
Roasted Seviyan Vermicelli Kheer step by step
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan.Cook on low heat once milk starts boiling..
- As the vermicelli is readymade roasted,just toss it in ghee for added flavour..
- Add it to the boiling milk and also sugar.Stir continuously till milk gets a rich creamy consistency.Sprinkle crushed cardamoms and garnish with chopped cashewnuts or almonds and raisins..
- Chill and serve delicious creamy vermicelli kheer as a dessert after meal..
Seviyan kheer or Semiyan payasam is a creamy and delicious dessert that you can put together in a cinch. That is why it is perfect for potlucks. If you can't find roasted vermicelli where you live, heat teaspoon of ghee in a pan on medium heat and roast the vermicelli till they change color (almost. Vegan Vermicelli pudding or Semiyan Kheer is a pudding made with roasted vermicelli noodles. Indian, Vegan , gluten-free option, nut-free option.