Coconut Cake with colored coconut decorations for any holiday. Make colored shredded coconut for your next holiday cake decorating. Colored shredded coconut makes awesome bird's nests for Easter themed crafts. Cake Decorating Videos, Cake Decorating Techniques, Cookie Decorating, Cake Decorating Piping, Beautiful Cakes, Amazing.
Hi Isabel, I still use the same amount of frosting so I have plenty for any piping- just follow the frosting recipe as noted. If you're only applying a little. Find top-rated coconut cake recipes complete with ratings, reviews, and cooking tips. You can cook Coconut Cake with colored coconut decorations for any holiday using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Cake with colored coconut decorations for any holiday
- It’s of COCONUT CAKE.
- It’s 1 of FOR THE COCONUT CAKE.
- It’s 6 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sjredded sweetened coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of 1/8 salt.
- It’s 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s of COCONUT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.
- You need 8 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature ( 2 sticks ).
- It’s 4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
- It’s of COCONUT TOPPING.
- Prepare 6 cup of shredded sweetened coconut.
- You need of food coloring, as many or little colors as wanted. I used four colors for this cake as explained in direction step #14.
Coconut cake is an Easter and holiday favorite, but delicious any time. With the addition of whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and/or raspberry jam, it becomes a decadent dessert for any occasion. Coconut cake is a yummy, refreshing treat with a bold flavor that your guests are sure to love. I shared this coconut cake four years ago but I figured it was due time that I re-share it in case some of you may have This cake is elegant and sophisticated yet very traditional and simplistic and it's perfect for the holidays since it's not only incredibly delicious but it's.
Coconut Cake with colored coconut decorations for any holiday step by step
- MAKE CAKE.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease two 9 inche cake pans..
- Add the 3 tablespoons shredded coconut to the coconut milk and set aside to soak.
- Separate egg whites into a medium bowl and egg yolks into a large bowl.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff, set aside.
- To the egg yolks add the sugar,salt and melted butter, beat until smooth..
- Stir the baking powder into the flour than add this, and the coconut milk with the shredded, coconut milk to the egg yolk mixture, beat until well combined. Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk batter until combined..
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake abput30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean cool before frosting.
- FOR COCONUT BUTTER CREAM FROSTING.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy add sugar and coconut milk and vanilla beat until light and fluffy adding more coconut milk if dry, more sugar if wet..
- FROST COOLED CAKE WITH FROSTING.
- Cover cake with plain sweetened coconut..
- MAKE COLORED COCONUT.
- In 4 small bowls add 1 tablesppn water add drops of food color to each bowl, one drop is enough for primary colors add more to darken or change colors. Add 1 cup coconut to each bowl of color and mix well. Turn out on to plate to dry a bit. Decorate cake with colored coconut..
- I also decorated this cake with spring colored peanut M&M's.
This Coconut Cake is a coconut lover's dream! I sent this Coconut Cake to work with my husband after photographing (which I, of course, regretted because I wanted to face plant into more Coconut Cake) This method makes dessert time stress free for everyone – especially during the holidays. Coconut Cake – homemade coconut cake with creamy coconut milk, brushed with coconut syrup to keep it extra moist, and topped with vanilla bean Perhaps spring is packed with all of these holidays to help get us through the dreary weather and sporadic rain falls as we anticipate the sunny days of. From impressive coconut layer cakes to easy coconut sheet cakes and cupcakes, we've got the perfect coconut cake recipe for you. Coconut-Almond Cream Cake Recipe This elegant three-layer cake has a creamy whipped cream-coconut filling and a rich cream cheese frosting and is sprinkled.