Thayir Semiya (Curd Vermicelli).
You can cook Thayir Semiya (Curd Vermicelli) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thayir Semiya (Curd Vermicelli)
- You need 300 grams of Vermicelli.
- It’s 2 cups of curd.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pomegranate kernels.
- Prepare as needed of Coriander leaves for garnish.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare of For the tadka.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of chana dal.
- It’s 1 of dry red chilli powder.
- You need 1 inch of piece ginger finely chopped.
- Prepare 4-5 of green chillies chopped.
- It’s 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 pinches of hing.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of coconut oil.
- You need A few of peanuts (optional).
- Prepare As needed of Water.
Thayir Semiya (Curd Vermicelli) instructions
- Keep water to boil in a vessel.Add salt and after it boils add the vermicelli.
- Let it cook for a few minutes till soft. Then drain it. After draining let it cool down. Put it in a big vessel for cooling down..
- In the meantime keep ingredients for tadka ready and take a tadka pan then heat it, put oil, and when it gets hot add the hing, mustard seeds and chana dal.
- Then after it splutters add the chopped green chillies, ginger,onion and curry leaves & dey red chilli. Sauté well for a few minutes till it turns brown. Here I have added a handful of peanuts also..
- Now pour this tadka over the cooked vermicelli.
- Then pour thick curd and milk. Put salt and mix well.Add little water if required and bring to required consistency.Then add pomegranate kernels and garnish coriander leaves..
- Serve immediately or chilled..