Italian Orzo Soup. This Italian Orzo Spinach Soup is simple to make, full of classic Italian flavors, and oh-so-comforting. Italian Sausage, Orzo and Spinach Soup Ingredients: To make this Italian soup recipe, you will need the following ingredients (amounts listed in the full recipe below) Our Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is made with fresh healthy ingredients. You can easily substitute whole grain or even gluten free pasta to suit your diet.
I like to consider this a sexier version of that famous soup; throwing out the cabbage and swapping in tiny orzo noodles and chunks. Delicious Italian Sausage Soup with Orzo is our new favorite. It has so much flavour and texture in every spoonful of it. You can cook Italian Orzo Soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Orzo Soup
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of washed spinach.
- It’s 5-6 of Corn kernels.
- You need 2-3 of mushrooms.
- You need 2-3 of French beans.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of Celery.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole wheat orzo.
- Prepare to taste of pasta dried oregano or rosemary.
- You need 2-3 of Garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare as needed of Water or vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 cup of diced tomatoes.
- You need to taste of salt and black pepper powder.
A loaf of crusty bread and a big bowl of this soup is going to be a winter comfort. Be the first to review this recipe. I made up this soup to use up my Italian sausage. Basically very easy and family had me make it again.
Italian Orzo Soup step by step
- Take oil in a pan. Add onion and garlic, saute until soft..
- Add carrots, tomatoes, corn, beans and mushrooms saute for sometime but don't over cook..
- Add orzo (pasta), oregano,Rosemary, celery and stir to combine all. Add vegetables stock or water and cover it..
- Bring soup to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low flame and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente..
- Stir in the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes so that it doesn't lose it's bright green colour..
- Season with salt and black pepper. Serve hot..
Made for Instant Pot or stove, this sausage soup is a breeze for beginners and satisfies the whole family! Orzo Tomato Spinach Soup is loaded with roasted garlic, onions, and Italian seasoning. Soup season is here, but this Italian soup is so good we make it year round. Italian Sausage Tomato Orzo Soup an easy, savory, recipe made with Italian sausage, tomatoes, plump orzo, onion, garlic. Orzo—the little rice-shaped pasta—is practically made for soup.