Orzo pasta with spinach, Broad beans and feta. My daughter is a vegetarian, so we add garbanzo beans for protein. Orzo pasta is tossed with spinach, red onion, feta cheese, pine nuts, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar, creating a delicious, colorful cold salad. I used farfalle instead of orzo and since my husband does not care for feta, I substituted with a mixture of provolone and mozzarella cheeses.
Turn that orzo into a one-pot meal, where the liquid it's cooked in becomes a ridiculously creamy sauce before baby spinach and Parmesan are stirred in. This spinach, orzo, and feta salad recipe comes from our happy family collaboration. Throw in a couple of dried spices and a handful of. You can have Orzo pasta with spinach, Broad beans and feta using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orzo pasta with spinach, Broad beans and feta
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 300 g of Greek youghurt.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- It’s 250 g of orzo pasta.
- You need 300 g of frozen broad beans.
- Prepare 150 g of asparagus.
- Prepare 100 g of baby leaf spinach.
- You need 1 handful of fresh basil.
- You need 200 g of feta.
The classic combination of spinach and feta cheese pair well with orzo (rice-shaped pasta). All Reviews for Spinach with Orzo and Feta. There's tomatoes, basil, parmesan, and lots of garlic. By the way, if you are like me and love tomatoes any way you can get them, take a look at our feta and cherry tomato salad (it's my favorite).
Orzo pasta with spinach, Broad beans and feta step by step
- Place a large bowl of salted water on the hob and bring to the boil. While the water is coming to the boil add the minced garlic, youghurt, oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well..
- Add the orzo to the boil water and cook for 10-12minutes. Minutes before the pasta is cooked add the frozen beans and asparagus..
- Take a cup of the past water and set aside for later Allowing to cool slightly. Drain the pasta and veg..
- In a bowl mix the yoghurt, pasta, beans and asparagus. Slowly add some of the pasta water, mixing thoroughly adding bit by bit until the water has been absorbed..
- To serve top the pasta mixture with torn spinach and basil leaves, feta and a drizzle of olive oil..
This eggy baked pasta dish, which combines orzo, sautéed leeks, bacon, feta and Greek yogurt, is perfect for brunch. Few Americans eat pasta for breakfast, but this Greek-inspired recipe with orzo, leeks and bacon aims to make a few converts. Parmesan and Spinach Orzo – This creamy orzo dish is a wonderful side or light main dish, and it's sure to be a hit with the entire family! Orzo is one of my favorite kind of pastas. It may be due to the fact that I grew up on Korean rice my entire childhood, so it's really no surprise that I would love this.