Baked Orzo Pasta.
You can have Baked Orzo Pasta using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Orzo Pasta
- It’s 2 cups of uncooked orzo pasta.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of butter.
- You need of For the meat sauce.
- It’s 300 gr of chicken breast.
- Prepare 5 slices of Chicken ham cut into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of big carrot cut into small cubes.
- Prepare 2 stalks of cellery cut into small cubes.
- You need 5 pcs of Button mushroom, cut into small cubes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of big yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 packet of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 packet of chicken stock (200ml).
- You need to taste of Salt, pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of plain flour and 1 big egg.
- You need of For cheese topping.
- Prepare 500 gr of pizza plus cheese.
- Prepare of Dried parsley.
Baked Orzo Pasta step by step
- Cook the orzo pasta as per package instruction. Not too soft please. Season with garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Add 1.5 tbsp of butter. Set aside..
- Cut chicken breast into bite size, marinate with 1 tsp of salt and black pepper for 15 minutes.
- Heat up oil or butter in a pan, saute the garlic and minced onion until fragrant. Add the chicken, cook until no longer pink, add carrot and celery, cook until softened. Lastly add mushroom. Once the vegatables are cooked, add in a package of cooking cream and chicken stock. Gentle simmer for few minutes. Season with salt and black pepper. Mix in a tablespoon of plain flour, and continue cooking until the sauce is thicken slightly..
- Off the heat, let it coola bit and then add one egg. Mix well. Add in the cooked orzo pasta. Mix well and transfer the pasta and sauce to the baking pan.
- Sprinkle cheese, cheese and more cheese.
- Baked 190 degree celcius for 15-20 minutes until the cheese melts.