Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy.
You can make Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy by using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it:
Ingredients of Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of Yukon gold potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of powdered milk.
- Prepare As needed of water to boil potatoes.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Meat squares.
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of peanut oil to fry squares.
- Prepare of Beef scramble.
- It’s 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- You need 2 of large leeks.
- It’s 1 cup of celery sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of dehydrated onions.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of heaping minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of butter.
Golden Mashed Potatoes and Beef Square Gravy step by step
- Wash the leeks and celery very well. I am not exaggerating to say I washed out a 1/2 cup of sand. Slice the leeks and celery. Set aside..
- Cube the potatoes cover with water add the salt. Boil till fork tender. Pour out all but a cup of the water. Add 1/2 stick of butter, Worcestershire sauce, and powdered milk..
- Stir and mash the potatoes if more water is needed add a bit at a time. Press the ground beef flat. Adding salt and pepper. Heat the oil..
- Cut the meat sheet into small squares break apart and fry each little square..
- Turn as needed and set on a plate do this in batches..
- Take the 1/2 pound of ground beef for scrambling add to the pan you fried the little squares. Add the leeks, garlic and celery..
- Sauté till leeks and celery are tender. When tender add the dehydrated onions. Stir in the onions and then add the tablespoon of butter..
- When the butter melts add the flour. Sauté for 20minutes..
- Add the spices and beef broth stirring occasionally until it thickens..
- Add the meat squares and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add potatoes in a bowl form a crater and fill with the gravy beef squares. Serve I hope you!!!.