Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. A simple Asian twist on jalapeno poppers served with sweet chili sauce. Oh, and the sweet chili sauce I used is from Trader Joe's. This sauce is essential for dipping.
Try our easy Thai sweet chili sauce. It tastes better than the store-bought version and makes a superb condiment for many Thai dishes. Thai sweet chili sauce is known as nam chim kai in Thailand. You can have Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- You need 5-7 of jalapeños, cut in half vertically and deveined and deseeded.
- It’s 4 oz. of (1/2 a brick) cream cheese, brought to room temp.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded cheese – Jack, Pepper Jack, Colby Jack would all work.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3-4 sprigs of chopped cilantro for the cream cheese mix.
- It’s of optional: 3/4 sprigs chopped cilantro for garnish.
- You need of optional: a 1-inch wide strip of red bell pepper, minced, for garnish.
- It’s of optional: 1/2 teaspoon oil for the garnish.
- You need 1/4-1/3 cup of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (I use Mae Ploy brand) for drizzling and/or dipping.
It is sold in bottles and available in Asian food markets, but instead of buying sweet chili. Impress your guests with Jalapeño poppers at your next gathering. Make two cuts forming a "T" by first slicing by Miki Kawasaki Looking for a tomato-free pasta sauce recipe?
Easy Roasted Jalapeño Poppers with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 400F..
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix cream cheese, cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and chopped cilantro and mix with fork until thoroughly incorporated..
- Fill jalapeño halves with filling. I like a good pepper to filling ratio, so I mostly just fill it level, but you can add a little more if you like..
- Mix the garnish cilantro and red bell pepper with the oil and sprinkle over the poppers..
- Put poppers on a baking sheet or baking dish and roast for 30 to 45 minutes depending on the size of the peppers and how soft you like them. I like my roasted peppers cooked completely through to really bring out the roasted flavor and sweetness. About 25 minutes into roasting, you might like to tent the poppers with foil if you don't want the filling to brown anymore (or burn)..
- Transfer to a plate or platter and serve with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce either drizzled atop or on the side for dipping..
- Enjoy! :).
All products linked here have been independently. Crispy Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Jalapeno Poppers Recipe with Cilantro Lime Dipping Sauce – the perfect dairy-free and healthy appetizer for game day! I'm tellin' ya – try this crispy bacon-wrapped shrimp jalapeno poppers recipe with the creamy, dairy-free cilantro lime dipping sauce for the Super. Jalapeno poppers are some of my favorites. Bite-sized deliciousness, easy to prepare, super easy Jalapeno poppers are the uber appetizer and party food.