Prawn, tomato and feta orzo. Perfect for midweek meals, quick, fuss-free dinner party menus that will wow guests without requiring hours spent in the kitchen, and simple bakes and sweet treats, these are Ottolenghi recipes as you've never seen them before. Turn up the heat with this punchy prawn dish sprinkled with crumbled feta and dill. Heat the oil in a large, lidded frying pan and gently cook the garlic and chilli flakes for a few minutes.
Orzo is the little pasta that comes in the shape of rice. It's easy to eat a lot of and is widely available. Add a little of the pasta water to loosen as needed. You can have Prawn, tomato and feta orzo using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn, tomato and feta orzo
- You need 200 grams of feta cheese.
- You need 250 grams of orzo.
- It’s Half of teaspoon chilli flakes.
- It’s 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic crushed.
- It’s 500 ml of vegetable stock.
- It’s 100 grams of frozen peas.
- It’s 500 grams of shelled prawns.
- Prepare Squeeze of lemon.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
A cold pasta salad with orzo, green olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, tomato, olive oil, and lemon juice. When orzo is cool, transfer to a medium bowl and mix in olives, feta cheese, parsley, dill, and tomato. Heat water in large sauce pot to boil and add pasta, cook to al dente. Melt butter in the pot while still hot and combine with feta.
Prawn, tomato and feta orzo instructions
- Cut the feta into small cubes. Put in bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon of chilli flakes and drizzle of olive oil..
- For this, you need a pan with a lid. On a medium heat add 50ml of oil and add the orzo. Season with salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and wait for the orzo to start to brown this will take 5-6 minutes. When ready (see photo) remove from heat and transfer orzo to a bowl..
- In same saucepan add a small amount of oil and add the crushed garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes. Cook for one minute. Then add the chopped tomato and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and then add the orzo. Then move to low medium heat, cover and leave for 15 mins. Check once or twice and stir to stop anything sticking to the bottom of the pan..
- After 15 mins remove the lid and cook uncovered for a further 3 mins. I added some frozen peas at this point. Finally add the prawns and cook until they are pink – normally 2 to 3 minutes.
- Nearly there…. simply shred some basil and add some of the feta you prepared earlier. Voila!.
Add cooked pasta to feta butter and toss with parsley and tomatoes, season with a little pepper. So, that's what I bring home." The upshot: this dish of orzo pasta simmered in a fresh-tomato sauce. Think of it as a light, summery take on risotto—without all the stirring. Mix tomatoes, feta, basil, olives, and green onions into orzo. Top garlicky king prawns and cherry tomatoes with crumbled feta in this Greek-inspired dish.