Cara's Turkey & gravy.
You can have Cara's Turkey & gravy by using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you create that:
Ingredients of Cara's Turkey & gravy
- Prepare 2-3 cups of shredded, cooked turkey.
- Prepare 1/2 C of chopped carrots.
- You need 1/2 C of chopped celery.
- It’s of For Gravy:.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter (1/4c).
- You need 1/2 C of flour.
- You need 4 C of water (plus a little extra in case).
- It’s 2 of pks or cubes chicken bullion.
- Prepare of OR 4 Cups Chicken/ Turkey broth- then omit water& seasoning.
Cara's Turkey & gravy instructions
- Chop veggies, if you choose to add them.* This step can be skipped if you prefer just meat & gravy.* These need to be boiled in a large pot. Everything will go in this pot, eventually..
- While veggies boil, shredded the turkey into bite size or desirable pieces. I used wings, legs & breast to have a mixture. I kept checking the veggies with a fork. You don't want them too mushy. I lightly seasoned the turkey..
- Once the veggies seem easy to puncture, remove from pot. Add the butter & flour, on medium-high heat stirring frequently.
- After 5-7min of stirring & letting the flour cook, add water/seasoning OR broth. Continue stirring to make sure there aren't any lumps. The heat can be lowered to medium once it thickens. Add veggies & cook about 10min.
- Lastly, add turkey. Stir & fold in well. This will need to cook about 15-20min. During this time you can decide if more seasonings are needed, more water or whatever. For a side, obviously I made rice, but potatoes or stuffing would be delicious as well! Enjoy!.