Bailie's Bucatini All'Amatriciana.
You can cook Bailie's Bucatini All'Amatriciana using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bailie's Bucatini All'Amatriciana
- You need 1 lb of Bucatini pasta.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 6 oz of cubed guanciale or pancetta.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, Finely chopped.
- It’s 1 small of onion, Finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of chilli pepper flakes, QB.
- Prepare 1 can of (540)mL plum tomatoes, crushed.
- You need 1 cup of grated pecorino cheese.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt..
Bailie's Bucatini All'Amatriciana step by step
- "QB" means quanto basta or as much as you want..
- The sauce will cook in about the same time it takes to cook the pasta..
- while the pasta is cooking, heat up olive oil in a frying pan on high heat. Use your guanciale or pancetta and fri until it's crisp, 7 to 10 minutes..
- add the garlic, onion and chili pepper flakes and sauté until the onions soften. turn down the heat to medium high, add the tomatoes with a little bit of salt and cook for an additional 5 minutes..
- once your pasta is al dente, reserve a cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta and add it to the sauce..
- if you're using bucatini, you may not have to add any of the cooking water to the dish because of the hollow middle of the noodle traps enough water and will release it right into the sauce. but if you're using spaghetti, I recommend adding some of the liquid to help bind the sauce to the pasta..
- let the whole thing cook for about a minute and then remove the pan from the heat. Add the grated pecorino cheese, mix it together and serve..