COCONUT CREAM PIE. I used a whole package of the frozen coconut in the pie. Follow the recipe closely including using canned coconut milk, half-and-half, and tempering the egg yolks. Chill the pie crust inside the pie dish before blind baking.
Coconut cream pie is one of my favorites to make because it requires little effort, but final outcome is "looks-like-you-worked-on-it-all-day" delicious! The individual components of this pie can be prepared. Coconut cream pie is a diner classic, but there's no reason you can't make it at home. You can cook COCONUT CREAM PIE using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of COCONUT CREAM PIE
- You need 3 cup of Half and Half.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of White Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of Flaked Coconut, Toasted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 1 of 9 inch Pie Shell, Baked.
- You need 1 cup of Whipped Topping.
Cover the coconut cream pie with plastic wrap and chill it until the filling is firm. This is the BEST Coconut Cream Pie recipe you will ever try! On Monday, I shared my post on how to toast coconut. Coconut cream pie, to be exact!
COCONUT CREAM PIE instructions
- In a medium saucepan add the first 5 ingredients..
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add 3/4 cup of the coconut and the vanilla extract..
- Pour into the pie shell and chill for 2 to 4 hours..
- Top with whipped topping and the remaining 1/4 cup of coconut..
- * To toast coconut spread in a ungreased pan and bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes stirring often..
Filled with coconut custard, whipped cream and heaps of toasted coconut, this coconut cream pie is. This dreamy coconut cream pie has a custard FILLED with natural coconut flavor from coconut milk and toasted coconut in a crisp pie crust all topped with mounds of whipped cream. Coconut Cream Pie. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. "Coconut cream pie made the old-fashioned way! Mounds of fluffy coconut-cream cheese whipped cream, creamy coconut custard filling and a crisp buttery pie crust! Easy old-fashioned Coconut Cream Pie is homemade with a creamy coconut pudding filling and whipped cream topping.