Pea and Pancetta Pasta Risotto.
You can have Pea and Pancetta Pasta Risotto using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pea and Pancetta Pasta Risotto
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 packet of pancetta lardons (about 75g).
- Prepare of Dried sage (or rosemary, thyme or a mixture of all of them).
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic (if you want).
- You need 1 splash of dry white wine or dry vermouth (optional).
- You need 1 cup of orzo pasta, about 200g.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need of Couple of handfuls of grated Parmesan.
- You need 1 knob of butter and a squirt of lemon juice, to serve.
Pea and Pancetta Pasta Risotto step by step
- I usually use a cast iron frying pan for this but it works fine in a heavy-based pan too. Heat a splash of olive oil and saute the chopped onion and pancetta until soft and slightly browning..
- Add the dried herbs, garlic, white and black pepper and stir to release the aromas..
- Add a splash of dry vermouth, or dry white wine (although you don't have to, I don't think Nigella does), and stir so any sticky bits at the bottom of the pan are released..
- Add the orzo pasta and stir to coat in the oil, then add 2 and a half cups (the same cup you measured the pasta in) of cold water, and a splash of chicken stock. You can also use vegetable stock, or just water..
- Let the risotto bubble gently, stir from time to time to prevent it sticking on the bottom. When the stock/water is nearly all absorbed, add the peas, and a little more water if needed, until the pasta is tender, about 8 to 10 minutes in total..
- Grate some Parmesan cheese – up to you how much, I used a couple of handfuls, stir through the pasta together with a squeeze of lemon juice and a knob of butter if you wish (I forgot). Check the seasoning and serve with a green salad. So speedy!.